Overall purpose of the post:
To promote a secure, caring and challenging educational environment for each class taught and the individual pupils within it.
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to secure the highest possible standards of learning and pupil progress
- To contribute to the high expectations for achievement in the school.
- To be aware of the established policies and practices of the school and share in collective responsibility for their implementation and for its ethos
- To share and support the corporate responsibility for the well-being, education and discipline of all pupils.
- To be aware of the professional duties of teachers and the statutory framework in which we work.
- To support the work of the Leadership Team to implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils, in accordance with the aims and objectives of the school.
- To have a secure knowledge and understanding of the subject(s) being taught and the relevant pedagogy to teach effectively across the full age and ability range.
- To know, understand and use the relevant statutory and non-statutory curricular and frameworks for the subject(s) or curriculum area taught