Our academies will provide an environment which is welcoming, caring, calm, disciplined and purposeful and which will stretch our young people academically, support them pastorally and help them develop socially and spiritually. We work in partnership to educate, nurture and empower our students and our employees so that everyone can flourish and live ‘life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10).
Abbey MAT is committed to providing high quality education for all within an ethos which seeks to work in partnership to educate, nurture and empower through academic, vocational, mental, physical, cultural and spiritual opportunities so that each individual in our academies is able to achieve their full potential. Our vision and values underpin all the work of the Trust. Everyone is encouraged to explore their own spirituality and to recognise and understand that of others.
Our educational philosophy and Trust vision is underpinned by our founding values:
- We believe in the value and potential of every child and young person.
- We are committed to high standards of achievement.
- We cultivate a positive mind set attitude built on the belief all students can make exceptional progress.
- We will deliver high quality teaching to ensure powerful learning.
- We value our staff because exceptional learning requires exceptional teachers. We provide excellent professional and career development and aim to be an employer of choice.
- We will provide rich additional opportunities for all.
- We will promote an educational community rooted in the Gospel values of humility, service, justice and compassion so we can nurture and empower our pupils to become independent, responsible, dignified, respectful, self-motivated and caring members of society.
- Central to the well-being of our Multi Academy Trust is the idea of Koinonia or community. We are a family of schools made up of individual staff and students: all are needed and valued and each person is important to the whole.